Join us in attending the annual national convention of the AHS (National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secularist Student Societies), in London, for the weekend of the 7th to 9th March. The National Convention is always a fantastic event, with speakers, workshops and socialising with fellow Humanists from around the country – and this year’s speaker lineup is one of the best yet:
- A. C. Grayling - Philosopher and Master of New College of the Humanities
- Simon Singh - Mathematician and libel reform advocate
- Andrew Copson - chief executive of the British Humanist Association
- Kenan Malik - Neurobiologist and philosopher of race and multiculturalism
- Richard Norman - Philosopher and ethicist
- Christina Patterson - Journalist
- Mary Honeyball - Labour MEP and womens’ rights advocate.
- Sheila McLean - Professor of Law and Ethics in Medicine and right to die advocate
Tickets cost £10 each, which is a fantastic deal for the great speaker lineup, and the workshops on Sunday will be particularly great for those of you considering running for a committee position next year (hint: consider about running for a committee position).
A bunch of us from the society will be going along, so we’ve set up a Facebook event, where we can organise travel & accommodation, and we’d love for you to join us, as it promises to be a fantastic weekend.
You can find out more about the convention on the AHS’ website.