As mentioned last term, we will be hosting our first social this semester – the Atheist Cocktail Night. Aside from the obvious, (they don’t believe in a god) we’ve come up with some fitting names for them, with a little help from Twitter. The only problem is we’ve had too many suggestions; we need your help to narrow down the list. The shortlist is:
- Gin Al-Khalili (Lemon, Syrup, Gin, Club Soda)
- Jesus and Mojito (Mint, Syrup, Rum, Club Soda)
- Sin and Tonic (Gin, Tonic Water)
- The Selfish Gene and Tonic (same as above)
- Xenu Colada (Rum, Pineapple Juice, Coconut Milk)
- A Large Hadron Pina Collider (Same as above)
- Sex Segregation on the Beach (Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice)
- Pascal’s Wager Bomb (Jaegermeister, Energy Drink)
- Carl Sagan’s Cosmospolitan (Vodka, Lemon Juice,Cointreau, Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice)
- Alom Shahandy (Lager, Lemonade)
- The Long AynRand Ice Tea (Gin, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Triple Sec, Syrup, Lemon Juice)
- The Woo Woo (Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Cranberry Juice)
We’ll also be providing non-alcoholic drinks, including virgin cocktails, at a reduced price:
- Coke Francis (Coke, Lemon, Angostura)
- The Lime Watchmaker (Tonic, Lime, Angostura, Sugar)
- Plus virgin versions of most of the cocktails, such as a Virgin Jesus and Mojito
You can vote for your favourite drink on the Facebook event. We will decide the winners on Friday evening, so make sure you’ve voted by then.
The event will be on Monday 3rd February at 8pm at Sam’s (The President), which is 5 minutes walk from campus. If you went to the Freshers BBQ, it’s the same place as that. We’ll post proper directions nearer the time on the Facebook event. If you want to come please join the event/email us so we have an idea of how many people are coming.
The event be £5 if you’re having alcohol, or £2.00 for non-drinkers. That should cover at least 4 (strong) drinks each – not a bad deal!